From September 7th to the 9th, the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) celebrated its members with a few days of awards, performances, and good ol’ country fun.
This year, our team was there to check out all of the action at the CCMA Awards. Recognizing artists, musicians, directors, producers, and more, the night was a way to honour those that have excelled in the country music scene in 2018.
The awards show saw performances from Shawn Austin, Kristin Carter, Andrew Hyatt, Kadooh,
JoJo Mason, and more. And to top it all off, Canadian audiences were blessed by a couple of International performers – Keith Urban and Mason Ramsey a.k.a Yodelling Walmart Kid.
The night was hosted by none other than Canadian country star Shania Twain. While roaming the halls, The MIX producer Meghan Kraft was a little starstruck to see such a legend in such close proximity.
With seven categories of awards and dozens of titles per category, there were a lot of trophies to hand out. Here are a few of the biggest awards that were handed out that night:
- 2018 Album of the Year – Past The Past (Jess Moskaluke)
- 2018 Fans’ Choice Award – Shania Twain
- 2018 Group or Duo of the Year – The Washboard Union
- 2018 Female Artist of the Year – Jess Moskaluke
- 2018 Male Artist of the Year – Dallas Smith
- 2018 Rising Star Award – The Reklaws
- 2018 Top Selling Album of the Year – Now (Shania Twain)
For a full list of the winners, you can visit the CCMA website here.
But even after the event was all wrapped up, the fun didn’t end there. It was time to mosey on over to the after party at the Black Rabbit Social Club.